Education/outreach through SACRA/PROFANA
SACRA/PROFANA currently offers:
– Residencies and workshops for all grade levels with an educational team of professional singers. Instruction in theory, vocal technique, choral singing, phrasing and musicianship.
– An integrative workshop for all grade levels with Knomadik Jazz Ensemble focusing on improvisation and ensemble technique. Instruction in instrument and vocal technique, ensemble work and musicianship.
– Seminars for the high school level coupled with concerts side-by-side with our core professional chamber choir.
– Elementary-level presentations on the voice, music and singing.
– Our Summer Choral Intensive, one of San Diego’s most sought after summer vocal programs for high school and middle school singers. A week of concentrated study available to exceptional high school and middle school musicians, focusing on themes of leadership, personal responsibility and musical intelligence. Participants are selected on recommendation by a music educator.
– The SACRA/PROFANA Education Outreach programs strive to aid teachers’ classrooms in the pursuit of knowledge in music, discipline, focus, language skills and community.