Education Programs Manager
Our mission is to enhance the cultural life of Southern California by cultivating and promoting the art of choral singing throughout our communities.
SACRA/PROFANA is committed to awakening and nurturing enthusiasm for the choral art, through vibrant performances and focused outreach.
While adhering to the highest artistic standards, we recognize the need for programming that is both accessible and compelling, and offers a rewarding, entertaining experience for concertgoers of all backgrounds.
- To design and administer all education outreach and inreach programs in support of SACRA/PROFANA’s mission. This includes both SACRA/PROFANA-produced programs and in-school residencies.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design, staff, organize, and administer education programs and outreach
- Communicate and collaborate with local music educators effectively
- Work collaboratively with SACRA/PROFANA Marketing Coordinator on marketing/publicity for education outreach
- Train SACRA/PROFANA core singers in education, providing tools to help them become better educators
- Teach/direct high school students in sectionals or as a group
- Administer, manage, plan, and organize the SACRA/PROFANA Summer Choral Intensive week
- Attend local arts educators conferences representing SACRA/PROFANA
- Estimated hours/week: 3-4 daytime hours (in-school residencies), 3-4 evening hours (e-mails/communication).
- Hours increase during summer program registration to 10-15 hours/week (school visits, e-mail communications, administration). Hours are full time during the one-week Summer Choral Intensive program.
Education and Experience
- Must have a strong background in Music Education
- Unique and creative visions for new programs
- Strong rapport with high school students and educators
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Leadership skills necessary, strong work ethic
- Public speaking
- The ability to work well on a team
- Reports to the Associate Artistic Director
- Compensation is negotiable depending on the programs developed. This position is an independent contractor and does not provide benefits.
Interested candidates should forward a resume and letter of interest to Carol Manifold (email@example.com), SACRA/PROFANA Board President, by Monday, July 18, 2016.